Dermal fillers contour your face and augment your lips and rejuvenate your hands with its hydrating or collagen stimulating properties. They fill defects, deep wrinkles and depressed scars, and to re-create facial contours lost with aging.
By themselves, or combined with other techniques such as Botulinum Toxins or laser treatments, fillers can make you look years younger without the risks and discomforts of surgery. They are substances that can be safely injected into or under your skin in order to restore smooth texture and youthful shape by plumping up the area where it is injected. They mostly contain natural substances which your body gradually metabolizes them.
Fillers may also stimulate collagen production in your skin, giving you a longer lasting effect. However, many of them are not permanent*. Most fillers last 6 months to 2 years, depending on the type and your lifestyle.
* Artefil and fat are the most common permanent fillers. They are of limited usage due to viscosity and inability to be absorbed by the body. Removal treatments exist, but are very difficult and complex and there is no guarantee that you’ll be satisfied with the long-term results.
Examples of temporary dermal filler brands are Radiesse, Restylane, Juvederm and Sculptra.
Your doctor will use a very fine needle to place fillers in key regions of your face where loss of volume has created changes, resulting in an aged and tired appearance.
Common treatment areas include:
- Smile lines: also called the nasolabial folds, are the lines that run from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth.
- Marionette lines: the lines that run downward from the corners of the mouth.
- Corners of the mouth: also called the oral commissure, if these are turned downward it can make you look as though you’re sad or angry.
- Jowl: the area on either side of the chin, where skin can sag due to loss of facial volume.
- Chin wrinkles: horizontal lines that can form on your chin and distract from your smile.
- Tear Troughs: the area below you eye that create “bags and hollows under the eyes”.
We have seen amazing results in men and women with the placement of Radiesse, Juverderm and other fillers. This treatment will instantly take years off your face.
Before And Afters
Here, a soft tissue filler had been injected into naso-labial folds and into lips, restoring volume lost due to aging, and resulting in a smoother, rejuvenated appearance.
Radiesse as Non-Surgical Facelift
Here, Radiesse was injected into Zygomatic (cheekbone) areas, Maxillary areas (under eyes), Naso-labial folds, Marionette lines (at corners of mouth), and chin. Total 4 syringes of filler material were used.
Radiesse Dermal Filler Augmentation of Mid-Face and Chin
Here also Radiesse was injected in Zygomatic (cheekbone) areas, Maxillary areas (under eyes), Naso-labial folds, Marionette lines (at corners of mouth), and chin; 8 Syringes in total.
Radiesse Hands Rejuvenation
1 syringe of Radiesse mixed with local anaesthetic injected under skin of this hand and massaged till smooth
Hydroiodic Acid Injection for Naso-labial folds and Marionette lines
- Are there any pre or post care instructions for Dermal Fillers?
Yes, there are pre and post care instructions that we like all our clients to follow.
- How soon will I see results with Dermal Filler, and how long will they last?
Immediately upon injection, Dermal Filler restores volume to smooth out the signs of aging. The natural-looking results may last up to a year or more in many patients depending on the filler used and your body’s response.
- Is it painful?
The skin is numbed just before injection, and lidocaine (local anesthetic) is mixed with the fillers, so the pain sensation is blocked. You may feel some temporary pressure or fullness in the area injected with fillers. This makes the procedure much more comfortable.
To learn more about filler treatment at Medical Spa Club, click here.